Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: AG order....am I being too picky?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member trop4's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks to last month's code, I was able to pick up a few things that DD and I were wishing for. Although most items were fine, these couple things bothered me. I'd like if anyone could give some feedback. I am realizing how fortunate we are to have this board for us to share our experiences and info so any opinions will be appreciated!

    First, are the "tortoise-shell" glasses from Molly's collection. To me, they are mustard colored. Does anyone else have them and are they really supposed to be this color?

    DSCN8922

    Next item......Jip the dog. The one I got has an "awkward" looking face. The eyes are not symetrical, the mouth is lopsided. I just don't think he's cute enough for $18? Any thoughts?

    DSCN8937

    Here is Kit's shirt from the overalls set. Maybe it's my seamstress background, but it really bothers me that one sleeve has one predominent stripe and the other has two. Am I nuts to stress on this?

    DSCN8940

    Finally just a note that recently I am finding that I need to iron most every dress that's been coming from AG. I still love the stuff, I am just wondering if I am expecting too much from a doll company.

  2. #2
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    I sent the supposed tortoise shell wire glasses back, they are definitely mustard colored!
    I can see your points of discontentment of the other items also.
    I believe the AG company needs to be more careful of the quality of their recent items. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pixterzoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2006
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK, I can see your concern about the glasses, and the dog does have loopsided eyes(thats normal), but ok I sew too and I think you went a little far with the shirt! lol! Don't get me wrong, these are collectors items and you want them to be the best, but thats just how they are made. got to go! sorry!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gmommy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, I don't think you are being too picky at all!! I certainly agree that the glasses don't look tortoise and poor Jip is defintely lopsided!! Not being a seamstress, I probably wouldn't have noticed or stressed about Kit's shirt (I really like that overalls outfit!). I would call CS for sure and return the items you are unhappy with.

    Karla

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just looked at my shirt and the sleeve stripes are the same on both sides the same as your right sleeve, but the front of your shirt is nicer.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member nenita's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I personally think the glasses are quite dreadful and the dog does look awkward. The shirt doesn't bother me, but if it bother you, definitely send it back!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If the glasses aren't what you expected, send them back! I personally won't buy any of the AG pets; the historical ones are really very expensive for what you get.

    It's your right to send the shirt back, too, but I don't know how many you'd have to try to get one you were satisfied with. Maybe you should at least put it on Kit with the overalls (unless you were counting on your dolls wearing it separately often) and see if it still bothers you. If it does, send it back, but given that the shirt really takes a lot of labor and there's no guarantee that the pieces are even cut out perfectly, let alone that the person sewing has enough time to set everything ideally, it could be a long time before you get a perfect shirt.

    (The seams on some of the stuff that I got with my Kirsten in 1989 aren't even finished, so I can't personally say that the quality is declining, exactly; the newer items are better than the first ones I got, in general.)

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 11, 2006 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member smwoodsie2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with the glasses, exchange them.
    the shirt, I wouldn't even notice.
    the same thing happen with my licorice, she came and her eyes were lopsided, I called cs, they said keep her, b/c they would get rid of it? and they credited me because I didn't want another one, I wanted to pick one out at AGPC, well long story short, dd felt bad for licorice,"animals are not to be thrown away", so she is here and has grown on me, as a special kitty and after 2 years, I still haven't gotten another one. anyways, I would call cs and address your concerns and see what they say.
    Good Luck!
    Lorelei

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mom4four's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2003
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If it were me the glasses and Jip would definitely be going back, but I just went and looked at my Kit shirt and the sleeve pattern is not the same on both (different from yours but still the same prob) I had never noticed but then again I don't sew either. As someone mentioned above unless you can pick it out yourself you may go through many before you could find one that matched up

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know what you mean about the clothes needing to be ironed. I do think that AG is using cheaper fabrics than they used to. Although Emily's Meet Dress reminds me of the old Pleasant Co. items. The fabric is quite nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •